Cancellation of Cultural Programme 2020
St. Patrick’s Festival, Dublin today announce the cancellation of our Festival Cultural Programme.
We have taken this decision in line with the wider actions being taken in response to the constantly changing nature of the global health crisis.
We are acting in the best interests of public health and safety and in an effort to play our part in the nationwide efforts to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
While extremely disappointing, our paramount commitment is to the wellbeing of our artists and participants, our audiences and communities and our own Festival team.
It is very important to note, that the Festival’s Cultural Programme is made up of in-house St. Patrick’s Festival events, as well as many events that are presented by external partners.
While the Festival’s own events are being cancelled, other events that appear in the programme may still be proceeding and we support the individual decisions of all our partners regarding their own events.
St. Patrick's Festival events cancelled (as of Thursday March 12 at 12pm):
Full refunds will be made on purchased tickets for all of the following events but please bear with us as we deal with processing a very significant volume of requests.
No further action is required by ticketholders for the moment but if you require further details please contact email@example.com.
To confirm the status of any event not listed below contact the relevant event promoter directly.
- A Treasury of Irish Voices: Dave Fanning interviews broadcaster Brendan Balfe
- ABAIR: Treasured Memories With storyteller Nuala Hayes and sean-nós singer Doireann Glackin
- ABAIR: Treasured Places with Storyteller Eddie Lenihan and traditional singer Macdara Yeates
- ABAIR in Conversation: Daoírí Farrell & Cathal Mc Connell with Ruth Smith
- ABAIR in Conversation: Dáibhidh Stiúbhaird & Len Graham in conversation with Ruth Smith
- ABAIR in Conversation: Landless and Rosie Stewart
- ABAIR: Ballymun Dermot Bolger and Steo Wall
- ABAIR: Ballymun Family storytelling with Eddie Lenihan
- ABAIR: Ballymun Family Storytelling with Liz Weir
- ABAIR: Ballymun Landless and Annemarie Ní Churreáin
- ABAIR: Treasures Lost & Stolen with Traveller singer Thomas McCarthy & storyteller Liz Weir
- ABAIR: Treasured People with traditional singer Len Graham & storyteller Jack Lynch
- Annie Mac, Kojaque, Soulé and Denise Chaila
- Ballad Bus Tours of Dublin with Sean Fitzgerald
- Ballad Tours of Dublin with Sean Fitzgerald
- Céilí Mór, Festival Village
- City at Play Funfairs
- Colm Mac Con Iomaire with full band and guests Contempo Quartet
- Dublin Famine Walking Tour
- Dublin UNESCO City of Literature Spoken Word Poetry Trail
- Finest Minds: Marian Richardson in conversation with Deirdre O’Kane
- Frank Sweeney: All I Believe Happened there was Vision
- Hidden Gems (EPOCH)
- In Focus: Jennie Wyse Power
- InnerEar: An Afternoon Guide To Listening (Talks & Brunch)
- Lavender Walking Tour
- Port to City Treasure Hunt
- REIC (Bilingual Open Mic Night)
- Roe & Ceoil
- Seen & Heard feat. Brigid Mae Power, Lōwli, Anna Mullarkey, Rachael Lavelle
- SEODA - A Celtic Collaboration Gruff Rhys and Richard Egan
- SEODA - A Celtic Collaboration The Breath plus Brìghde Chaimbeul & Aidan O’Rourke
- Sing Out Loud, A Choral Trail in The City
- St. Patrick’s Festival Pageant on the Plaza
- Standing, Sitting, Lying Down - Show A: Glen P Keating and Linda Buckley
- Standing, Sitting, Lying Down - Show B: Dunk Murphy and Sharon Phelan
- Standing, Sitting, Lying Down with Sorca McGrath and Robbie Kitt
- TALKATIVES: Rhythm and Poetry Slam
- The World Premiere of James Joyces’ Pomes Penyeach with Lisa Hannigan and Guests
- This Is How We Fly with Iarla Ó Lionáird
- Through the City Singing Trail (all events)
- Treasures at the Military Archive